market-farming - Re: strawberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: strawberries
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 07:32:34 -0700

From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>

Anyone have an ideas where to get strawberry plants this late - maybe a
northern source. I put alpine strawberries in those plastic hanging
planting bags and sold them like hotcakes last Saturday

Hi Joan, sorry but I don't have any suggestions where you can get strawberries where you are since I live in Canada. But to give you a suggestion - you may already be doing it - plant your cultivers and take the daughter plants. Last year our average for 100 mother plants that produced runners provided us with 1600 healthy and vigorous daughter plants. We used mushroom manure for the fertilizer - you would have plants available this fall for sale or else next spring at a very low cost to you. Hope you find what you are looking for. Jacqueline