market-farming - re:ez-up

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'market farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: re:ez-up
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 08:31:57 -0500

The instructions pretty much say 'don't put the EZ-UP up if you
expect any wind at all. Take it down if it looks like rain' Having
picked up our first packing table awning a quarter of a mile down the
road the first day we put it up, I understand, however, I was sort of
getting EZ-UP as an umbrella! What do you experienced growers say? (I
did get a sandbag kit.)

--- We usually leave ours up if the rain is not accompanied by wind. It
does not block all the rain, but will keep you a little drier. If there is
wind, however, it comes down fast. To leave it up is to ask for it being
blown away.

Next, I would like to put our foundations name on the canopy.
Stenciling is probably way outside of my skill level. How are the
rest of you doing this?

--I bought a stencil set, jar of green stencil paint and a brush at
Wal-Mart. I set the canopy on our front porch with one side laid out
straight and flat, arranged the letters, painted in the letter openings and
let it dry. Then did the next side. I had never stenciled before, but it's
like a coloring book - you can do it !

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm

Alison Wiediger, Technician
Hart County Schools
awiediger AT hart.k12.ky.us

  • re:ez-up, Wiediger, Alison, 05/14/2001