market-farming - Re: Shade Structures, Scales and Cash Registers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Shade Structures, Scales and Cash Registers
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 15:36:48 -0400

Thanks to Marcie for her very worthwhile post.

OK, I got the EZ-UP (thankfully, I almost bought an offbrand before I read the posts here!!). Now I have two more questions:

The instructions pretty much say 'don't put the EZ-UP up if you expect any wind at all. Take it down if it looks like rain' Having picked up our first packing table awning a quarter of a mile down the road the first day we put it up, I understand, however, I was sort of getting EZ-UP as an umbrella! What do you experienced growers say? (I did get a sandbag kit.)

Next, I would like to put our foundations name on the canopy. Stenciling is probably way outside of my skill level. How are the rest of you doing this?

Thanks to everyone for the great feeback on market shelters!

-Allan Balliett
Bolivar Growers Market
Bolivar, WV
www.brces.org