market-farming - farm employment

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Victoria Mundy Bhavsar <toria AT pop.uky.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: farm employment
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 15:20:28 -0400

Speaking as a former farm worker, I can tell you that I learned more from
working on that farm than in my entire college and graduate career! If
anyone is lucky enough to get a job on a farm, he or she should be saying
prayers of thanksgiving every night and day. Unfortunately it's true that
you people can't pay workers what other businesses can, and lots of workers
are not willing to consider the wonderful fun and learning as part of the
payment.

The woman I worked for is on my list of "five most influential people in my
life," and it wasn't because she was soft-spoken, gentle, and undemanding.
She was the dragon lady!! So don't give up trying to find good help; every
now and then you will get someone like me who is bumbling at first but will
thoroughly appreciate the chance and never forget what you gave me.
Victoria

At 01:49 PM 05/03/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>You're right Bob. You only get what you bargain for.
>Del

Victoria Mundy Bhavsar
Dept. of Agronomy, N106R Ag. Sci. North, UK
Lexington, KY 40546-0091 606/257-2103
...But other seed fell into good soil and brought
forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold,
some thirtyfold... St. Matthew 13:8

  • farm employment, Victoria Mundy Bhavsar, 05/03/2001