market-farming - Re: Bio Tech Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Bio Tech Corn
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:02:49 -0400

Here on the east coast where all corn and beans go directly to broilers and
hogs bio tech is growing, roughly 75% of all our beans are now rr type and my
dealer says the seed sells out fast, every year I plant about 2 acres to a
regeneration crop and I find late season group 5 RR beans as a covercrop
useful in eradicating thissel and other perennial weeds that creep up between
the rotations, so far I see no backlash to biotech, its still a new
technology and will take years before we can ever make a sane decision on its
future sort of like where hybrids were 50 years ago...Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/