market-farming - Bio Tech Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu (market Framing)
  • Subject: Bio Tech Corn
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:15:53 EDT

One of the problems that I have seen here in Western Iowa is that some of the
farmers are switching back to some of the old stand by hybrids because they
are having some problems marketing some of the bio tech corn.  One neighbor
of mine has to wait until Sept to haul the rest of his high starch Bio corn
to KC, they are full of the stuff and no where to go with it.  Cannot use if
for food and can't ship to the europe because they refuse to take the stuff.
Even though the big Corp's that are pushing this Bio tech down our throut's
with huge discounts and other incentives, they pull the biggest mistake of
all, the fact that the comsumer still has the final say, at the market place.
 This could have an affect on these products in the future.

Phil from Iowa