market-farming - Re: Sweet corn weeds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Sweet corn weeds
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 23:06:22 -0400

Don't forget to get a good set of disc hillers, these will help you cover
over all those weeds within the row, no cultivation job is complete without
them,a rotary hoe is good early on before corn emerges, I also like to add 1
pint of Dual Magnum and 1Qt of Bladex with a late shot of Basagran to
knockout the thissel and morninglory, to keep things nice and clean, 25%
weeds in row reduces yield 50% and 50% weeds in row reduces yield 100%,by
that I mean the ears in weedy corn never reach full quality and appearance
...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton NJ.

> > On the weeds just one word. CULTIVATE!!
>

> I'd like to add a few more words.
>
> Hoe, cultivate, cultivate.

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/