market-farming - Re: egg mixture to repel deer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: egg mixture to repel deer
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:59:14 -0400

> I understand deer don't like the smell of egg.

What about salmonella?? I guess you wouldn't spray it on fruiting plants.

>The conservation guy said if we get permission to shoot the deer, we have
> leave them lay where they land. I'm sure I would drag them to a ditch
> somewhere, but what a waste.

Let them lay where they land--but do they have to be fully "intact"?????
; ))))

Oh heck, this happens all the time down here, and the farmers do NOT let
them lay where they land! Takes too long for the carcass to decompose, and
fields are destroyed by the critters attracted to meat. The carcasses are
drug off to the side.

Liz