market-farming - Re: goats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: goats
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 06:20:29 -0500

>So, to the goat owners - how do you tether your > goats? I've heard some
farmers prefer to >put there goats in with chickens - they keep the
preditors away, is this true? Jacqueline

It is always dangerous to tether goats, and can be fatal, as you know first
hand.

I have tethered some on one of those screw in anchors made usually for
dogs - but it must be very sturdy - that allows the leash to rotate. But
that, too can be fatal, I would suppose.

Mostly I fence my goats in with a moveable electric fence from Premier -
more pricey than a tether.

I have never resuscitated a goat. Although my daughter resuscitated a chick
recently - which is just fine now!

Jill

  • goats, Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai, 04/21/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: goats, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 04/21/2001
    • Re: goats, Sue, 04/21/2001