market-farming - RE: Info on huckleberries?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ute Bohnsack <sustag AT eircom.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Info on huckleberries?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:01:18 +0100

Hi,
just jumping in after following the huckleberry discussion...

Take a look at Plants for A Future Database
http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/D_search.html

According to the database and everybody who has contributed to the discussion
the vernacular name huckleberry appears to be applied to a variety of plants:
http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pfaf/find_lat?LAT=&COM=Huckleberry&FAM=

I think the plant that started this discussion is a Solanum species.

I bought some seeds for the related sunberry / wonderberry bred by Luther
Burbank. see:
http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pfaf/arr_html?Solanum+retroflexum
Curious to try it out...

Greetings from Ireland