market-farming - Re: market-farming Mantis Mini-Tillers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dori Green" <dorigreen00 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: market-farming Mantis Mini-Tillers
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 05:30:08 -0400

See http://www.mantisgardentools.com

My first choice is a Garden Claw (human powered). Second is pony with shovel plow if I can catch her that week. She's great once she's caught -- 18 years old, knows much more than I do (including how to get out of work).

I've just obtained a goat yoke and my wethers are going to learn how to work this year, also with the shovel plow. Catching them is never a problem, they love to come out to play.

But now that I've passed 50, there are days that my bursitis just requires a doggone gas engine, darn it.

My last Mantis mini-tiller lasted 12 years and would probably still be running if a housemate hadn't used gas without oil mixed into it and seized the main bearing. Even then I might have been able to get it repaired but I needed cash so sold it at the next-door auction for $50.

Mantis has a four-payment option for this $300 item, which helps when I'm shopping at the start of the season.

Dori Green
Ash Grove Community Farm & Center for Sustainable Living
Corning, NY

http://www.ic.org/agrove

Just drop me a line to be subscribed to our farm's free yahoogroup -- photos, shared files, links.