market-farming - Re: Already Harvesting!?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mckemie AT inetport.com
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Already Harvesting!?
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 13:45:34 -0500

> It might get up to 65 degrees today.

Highs in the 80s, lows around 70 here. Cool last week, though; got down
in the 40s every night. Made for some nervousness about un-protected
plantings.

> You people talking about harvesting potatoes and such are just making me
> sick.

If it will make you feel better, I will say that I've only dug less
than ten pounds of potatoes. They sure are good, though.

We need to be sure to resume this conversation in August when all our
tomatoes are gone and we're hitting 100 deg every day and only getting
down to the low 80s at night. Truly miserable weather! At that time
of year, we can only produce okra, southern peas, and maybe a few
melons.

--
Onward! Through the Fog!
Willie

  • Already Harvesting!?, Del Williams, 04/05/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Already Harvesting!?, mckemie, 04/05/2001