market-farming - Re: crop rotation by "sections"

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Peter Worsley <pwors AT svn.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: crop rotation by "sections"
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:52:38 -0800

I divide my garden into about 100 25 foot beds. Each bed has a number.
Using Excel and Access, I keep records for each bed- what cover crops
are grown, what cash crops are grown, what amendments are added, when
fish emulsion or other organic sprays are done. My certifying agency
likes this, and it helps me too. Good mapping helps a lot- I use a CAD
program to do this, because I'm a retired cabinetmaker, but pencil &
paper are fine. Just make a bunch of copies of your map, and update it
weekly or monthly. Save the old copies, with dates. Good luck- Peter