market-farming - ***PBS Special on the Chemical Industry***

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Dayna Conner <dayna AT att.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: ***PBS Special on the Chemical Industry***
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:54:45 -0600

Here's more on the PBS special Adrianna mentioned:

***PBS Special on the Chemical Industry***

On Monday, March 26 at 9:00 p.m., (check local listings) Bill Moyers
will present a 2-hour
investigative report on the chemical industry on PBS. Trade Secrets:
A Moyers Report
uncovers how our health and safety have been put at risk and why
powerful forces don't want
the truth to be known.
http://www.pbs.org/insidepbs/news/newprogs0101.html

PBS PRESENTS BILL MOYERS INVESTIGATIVE REPORT ON THE CHEMICAL
INDUSTRY....
Pasadena, Calif. - January 15, 2001 - A groundbreaking investigative
report on the chemical
industry by Bill Moyers is part of PBS's new programming slate.....
Americans say corporations should have the burden of proving
chemicals are safe. The
majority of citizens believe most chemicals are already tested for
safety, and that the
government is protecting them against harmful chemicals. But what is
the true story? In
TRADE SECRETS: A MOYERS REPORT, premiering Monday, March 26 at 9
p.m. on PBS
(check local listings), correspondent Bill Moyers and producer
Sherry Jones uncover how our
health and safety have been put at risk and why powerful forces
don't want the truth to be
known. This investigative report, accompanied by a PBS.org Web
site, is based on a massive
archive of secret industry documents as shocking as the "tobacco
papers." In the 50 years of
the chemical revolution, over 75,000 chemicals have been released
into the environment.
What happens as our body absorbs them? And how can we protect
ourselves? Moyers and
Jones won the Peabody Award for their last collaboration on
WASHINGTON'S OTHER
SCANDAL.

begin:vcard
n:Conner;Dayna Conner
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
email;internet:dayna AT att.net
x-mozilla-cpt:;-17472
fn:Dayna Conner
end:vcard

  • ***PBS Special on the Chemical Industry***, Dayna Conner, 03/24/2001