market-farming - Re: drift

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: drift
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:08:51 -0800

In the valley that we live in it is mostly vineyards and orchards, absolutely beautiful, until you find out that the main method of pest control is spraying. Some is air dropped by crop dusters, others use machines that can spray 100+ feet into the air. Needless to say almost the entire valley has been affected including our lake. There isn't any properties nearby that can be certified organic. The impact of heavy spraying has become quite serious. Funny enough, pests have increased! Jacqueline