market-farming - Harvest Containers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Boulder Belt Organics <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: "'CSA-List" <csa-L AT prairienet.org>, Market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Harvest Containers
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 16:54:02 -0500

After years of using wooden bushel baskets we are going to get new
harvest containers. We are thinking plastic-stronger, easier to clean
and disinfect, longer lasting and stackable.

The question is does anyone have a good source for some we have looked
at Nolt's offerings and farmwholesale. We are leaning towards the farm
wholesale containers but they are around $7ea and the min order is 100
or each container type you want. Nolt's containers are larger than what
we want but they are a bit cheaper and there is no minimum.

Any other companies out there that make or sell bushel or smaller
containers that can be used in both the field and at market.

What are you all using?

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

  • Harvest Containers, Boulder Belt Organics, 03/08/2001