market-farming - Re: Heaters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Heaters
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 11:39:39 -0500

Sometimes when you use multi heaters one will draw air from the other causing a flameout, The Hot Dawg is a very nice heater for a small house I like the power vent feature it eliminates the tall flue pipe, if you get one then get the larger 75000 btu model its no bigger than the 30000btu in size but for $60 more"1999 price list,"it will come in handy if you expand the house in the future, I am in the process of changing over all my heaters from propane to oil because of the high cost of propane but I have never had a problem with Modine heater performance...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Kathy Somers wrote:

 Hi,We just put in a 14x24 greenhouse.  We ordered these heaters from Southern Burner.  They are ment to go under the benches.  Has any one heard of these or used them.  They are propane and are rated at 20,000 BTU's each.  We are having some serious problems with them getting to burn. The propane company has been here two times!!!!  Something to do with the floor air being too cold to allow the heater to burn efficiently.   (So says the Southern Burner Company)  Don't I wish I had purchased a Modine.  I have plants that need to be in the greenhouse that are severely suffering inside under growlights. If I can convince this company to take the heaters back, my next choice would be a modine.  Has any one used the Modine Hot Dawgs in a greenhouse as small as ours.  We have it covered in 8mm twin wall polycarb. I would really welcome some suggestions and help on this one.  I am getting pretty worried about what to do next. Kathy in Vermont---
You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net

  • Heaters, Kathy Somers, 03/08/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Heaters, jeffery uhlig, 03/08/2001
    • Re: Heaters, robert schuler, 03/08/2001
    • Re: Heaters, Kathy Somers, 03/08/2001