market-farming - Re: Potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Potatoes
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 08:32:11 -0800

From: "Judy & Ernie Duckworth" <jeduck AT midwest.net>
To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Subject: Potatoes
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 22:05:38 -0600

Does anyone have a good source for Yukon gold potatoes? We plant a 100 lbs. plus of them for are road stand and they go over big.

JEDs Farm
Judy/Ernie Duckworth, Southern Illinois

I would strongly suggest that you go to a reputable local nursery for your supply. Ensure that they are certified as disease and pest free. For your other seed supplies I would suggest that you ensure your seed is date stamped - I lost 2 acres of snow peas to this - harsh lesson! I live in BC, Canada, here we have a massive potato crop problem due to field contamination brought in by seed potatoes. Many of the farmers now have a 3 year ban on their fields and are not allowed to grow potatoes - it takes that long for the virus to leave! Good luck, Jacqueline
---
You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: potzkai AT hotmail.com
Get the list FAQ at: http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/market-farming.faq