market-farming - RE: shipping produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Frankie Whitman <FWhitman AT freshnex.com>
  • To: 'Gary & Sarah Rowland ' <hcf AT moment.net>, 'market farming ' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: shipping produce
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:29:51 -0500

Gary and Sarah,

I work with an internet company that links suppliers of perishable products
with white tablecloth restaurants. Our primary method of shipping is FedEx
overnight express. It's a challenge for produce. Some works, some doesn't.
What are you shipping? Where are your customers? It may be beneficial for
you to become a Freshnex supplier and utilize our FedEx rate. We've
negotiated a very good rate. We pay you--you don't have to wait for the
restaurants to pay. And we may be able to broaden your market. Tell me more
about what you're producing.

Frankie Whitman
Freshnex.com
fwhitman AT freshnex.com