market-farming - Re: soybean field to table

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sweet Prairie Soap Co." <jans AT rnet.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: soybean field to table
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:22:47 -0600

Hi,
I live in Quincy Illinois and there is a processing plant here. It was a
wonderful place to work and very active in the community. It was Quincy
Soybean Co. It has been taken over by ADM.
You can not buy from the locally. I get my 100% solid soybean oil for soap
from a local restaurant supplier, who buys it from ADM in Decatur, Illinois.
ADM in Decatur is the home/major processing plant. Processing= crushing and
extraction of oils.
HTH,
Jan S
www.sweetprairiesoap.com