market-farming - Re: pole bean archway

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: pole bean archway
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:59:15 -0600

It's all wire.  I assume that he attached the ends to the ground with something like tent stakes.  We use cattle panels to make quick pens for various creatures or to fence a garden.  We use metal posts and just wire the panels to them.  Can use one panel for a gate by just wiring in one or two places so it can be unattached easily.  We buy them at Orschelns and originally used them for emu fence.  There are many uses for them.  Once we made an archway on a trailer and filled the holes with tissue for the kids to use as a float in a homecoming parade.  We have attached lengths of chicken wire along the bottom to make pens for small birds.  Right now, we have a three-sided fence made from the panels holding the leaves we hauled from town.