market-farming - pole bean archway

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: pole bean archway
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:57:04 -0600

Regards to the list:

At the Great Plains Vegetable Conference, we met a fellow from Farmington, MO. He related that he makes an arch from a cattle panel, securing the ends to the ground. He then plants pole beans along both ends.. The plants grow up over the arch and the beans hang down inside, making for easy picking. Isn't that the about the neatest thing you can imagine? I'm going to do that and put a chair inside to sit in the shade.

Marie in Missouri