market-farming - Suggestions for Keynotes--Future of Our Food and Farms Summit

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: MariavHM AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Suggestions for Keynotes--Future of Our Food and Farms Summit
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:51:15 EST

Last year, I asked folks for suggestions for keynote speakers for the Future
Of Our Food and Farms Summit a community food security conference held near
Philadelphia, PA and had tremendous success with the results.

--We had John Ikerd for our opening keynote and he was absolutely fantastic!

--Our closing session was a GMO discussion featuring Rebecca Goldburg of
Environmental Defense and Dennis Avery--and Rick Nichols of the Philadelphia
Inquirer who did a superb job of moderating a highly informative and somewhat
charged discussion.

Once again we seek your advice. Who are some amazing keynote speakers, that
you would recommend?

For background information, you can go to our website from last year:
Click here: The Future of Our Food and Farms
http://www.ibiblio.org/farming-connection/fffconf/

Maria van Hekken
Farmers' Market Trust
3760 Manchester Road (home office)
Allentown, PA  18104-2240
610-530-2584
610-530-2586 fax
mariavhm AT aol.com

  • Suggestions for Keynotes--Future of Our Food and Farms Summit, MariavHM, 01/12/2001