market-farming - Greenhouses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathy Somers" <SomersFarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Greenhouses
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:17:38 -0400

We are in the process of expanding our farmstand operation.  We want to either build or purchase a new greenhouse.  We are not all that big yet and will use the greenhouse mainly for starting seedlings for our own gardens and also possibly for growing some tomato plants as an experiment to see if this will be a good market for us to get into.  We are in Vermont where the temperatures get pretty cold in February and March with snow etc:   Any suggestions.  We are not looking for a huge greenhouse.  But one in the
14x30-40 foot range.   Any suggestions would be helpful
Thanks
Kathy