market-farming - Re: On Being a Customer at the Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: EvansKnob AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: On Being a Customer at the Market
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:56:10 EDT

Thanks everybody on you observations and opinions. This is definitely
something I want to pursue, just not sure which way. And surely not
something to jump into lightly. I love interacting with the people. I have
a farm and raise Romney and Leictser Longwool sheep. I'm also a hand
spinner/knitter. I sell sweaters, hats, mittens, scarves and socks. There
are about 10 shows that I do with 3 other girls who do the same thing. I love
being able to talk to the people and tell them about a lost art. Gardening
is much the same thing. Especially doing it naturally, without harming the
earth, or ourselves. We have been such bad stewards of this world. I wonder
if my grandchildren will be able to enjoy nature the way I have.
Again, thanks. It's nice to hear from people who do it both ways.
Kathy