market-farming - Re: tomatoe question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carman" <calm AT wave.co.nz>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: tomatoe question
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:10:44 +1200

Greetings

we had a real bad problem with that last season, here right through
the whole of NZ
even people i know had been growing tomatoes for more than 20 years found
their plants suffering bad
i recently read an article which said it is not a disease but more likely a
deficiency in calcium....the article also recommended to keep the plants
well watered....only watering around the roots....and not allowing the dirt
to splash up on the plants
a friend of mine also found that sprinkling epsom salts on her soil and
watering in well appeared to help

carman