market-farming - Re: lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: lettuce
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:51:57 -0400

I find the best results come from removing the plastic and covering with 40%
shade cloth,
I get the advantage of natural rainfall and less water stress and a good 10*
lower temp on
hottest days,and you don't get the intense heat buildup on the plants, you
can use 50%
shade but its seems too dark and the temps are not much cooler, remove shade
on extended
cloudy days.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.