market-farming - Re: Deer problems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Karen Phillips" <kphillips AT lightspeed.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Deer problems
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:49:36 -0700

A few years ago, there was a company up in Northern California
somewhere called "Plant-Pro-Tec". They make a little clip-on capsule
full of concentrated garlic oil & cayenne pepper. I read a lot of
testimonials from people who had used them, and they seem to be really
effective. I believe they last for about 1 year. You either clip
them on stakes within the row, or clip them up around the perimeter
fence. I haven't used them on deer (thankfully, one of the few pest
problems I DON'T have :-)...), but they helped keep bunnies and ground
squirrels out of our stuff 'til we got a fence up last year. I just
did a searh, and they're online at www.plantprotec.com . It might be
worth giving them a try. Good luck!

Karen Phillips, Buckeye Farms, Weldon, CA