market-farming - Cut Worms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathy Somers" <SomersFarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Cut Worms
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:57:56 -0400

Thanks to everyone for all the good info on this site.  I do have a question today.  I am having a terrible time with cutworms.  Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers, even cucumbers and squashes.  What organic control works best.  I have never seen a year like this, as I am sure you all haven't either.  We have had a lot of rain and cold damp weather.  When we do have a stretch of sunny warm weather the cutworm damage increases tremendously.  Thanks very much

Kathy Somers
Somers Farm
Vermont