market-farming - Re: Guineas and Bees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "William E. Barry" <unclebil AT bright.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Guineas and Bees
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 16:58:03 -0400

Les

We have had guineas for about 4 years. We placed our original dozen in an
enclosed area and fed and watered them twice daily for about 4-6 weeks.

After they became acclimated, we released them. They never left. They
would travel over the whole farm but each night they were in the barn to
roost.

We did the same with our peacocks. Once these birds know where the "feed
bin" is they don't stray too far.