market-farming - Re: Bees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Cheri Shelnutt <cshel AT usit.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bees
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 18:06:44 -0400

Hello,
We keep bees. We have 4 hives and are planning to expand. We have a 45
acre farm and keep them in the middle - they are close to all crops and
gardens that way. THey do a wonderful job pollinating and the end
product is DELICIOUS! We have had no problem with mites or diseases as
of yet. We have an active local bee keeping group that meets once a
month and keeps us apprised of all new developments. Our leader keeps
160 hives.

Cheri Shelnutt
Sweet Hollow Farm
NE Tennessee