market-farming - Re: Local & Fresh & Promotions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Local & Fresh & Promotions
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:59:36 -0700

Massachusetts Dept. of Food and Ag. is seriously promoting Buy Local. They
have made grants available to develop regional Massachusetts Buy Local
campaigns to make the food even more local. Western Ma. has a successful
"Be a Local Hero" campaign. A group in my area central Ma. is working with
them and the state to develop our own Be a Local Hero campaign. Other
regions of the state are dev. similar campaigns. So local is important. Our
state realized farms had to stay in business to survive. Their survival as
many perks not the least of which is open space in this fast developing
state. Beth

below snipped from previous messages