market-farming - wine grapes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: wine grapes
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 21:22:47 -0400

Don't take that advise, don't get into a business you know nothing
about, did you know it costs me $6000 per acre just to produce one acre
of tomatos for a 5 month crop...my guess is the vines will cost more
than $3000 per acre, then you have soil prep, fumagation, installing
trellis and irrigation system and so on..., an annual return of $1000 an
acre is no return for the risk involved...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ...