market-farming - Re: Presentation to town council

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal AT iname.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Presentation to town council
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:28:22

Amy:

Here are a few e-mail addresses for key contacts within the Agricultural
Marketing Service (USDA-small farms). They offer specialized technical
assistance. I'm sure they can answer any questions you have and direct you
to any others that may be useful. The first two may be your best contacts
for the program your trying to get started.

Fed-State Marketing Improvement Program
Larry Summers 202-720-2704
larry.summers AT usda.gov

Wholesale and Alternative Markets
Errol Bragg 202-720-8317
Errol.Bragg AT usda.gov

Fruit and Vegetable Programs
Robert C. Keeney 202-720-4722
Robert.Keeney AT usda.gov

Public Affairs
Billy Cox 202-720-8998
Billy.Cox AT usda.gov

There is also an on-line publication site regarding Farmer Direct Marketing
where you can choose the publications you believe to best promote your
ideas, concepts and facts, then print them out.

www.ams.usda.gov/directmarketing/publications.htm

They have a great Farmers Market Fact Sheet that seems to be very helpful
regarding the exact type of alternative marketing that you are proposing.

www.ams.usda.gov/farmersmarkets/facts.htm

Good luck with your project and please keep us all informed as to how
things are working for you. I'm considering just the same type of proposal
for future marketing, possibly next year.

Blessings,
Ava