market-farming - Re: Fungus gnats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fungus gnats
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:31:30 -0400

Gnatrol is a Bt that you drench on the soil surface to kill fungus gnat
larve, Nemasys is a biological pesticide that uses nematodes to attack
fungus gnats, this is a good drench for the greenhouse floor area,
Zerotol is an organic approved material that kills algae on the
greenhouse floor where fungus gnats breed, check your seedling soil mix
because the conditions that promote fungus gnats are the same conditions
that cause plant disease, stay with a peat perlite soiless mix in the
seedling stage and avoid algae buildup on soil surface, sprinkle light
coating of sand on surface this discourages gnats, and keep soil on the
dry side...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.