market-farming - Re: Weed ID?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "William E. Barry" <unclebil AT bright.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Weed ID?
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 09:43:07 -0400

"Velvetleaf (abutilon theophrasti) annual weed common to corn & soybean
fields...greatly reduced by cultivation" From Weed Science
We usually just cultivate and or pull and destroy weeds...especially before
they seed. The seeds (according to the book) lay dormant as long as 40
years til brought to the top...suggest smother crops, cultivation, and
chemicals (ugh)