market-farming - Re: Fwd: Fw: Fw: IMPORTANT FROM SUSAN

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Dave Bennett <dbennett AT micoks.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Fw: Fw: IMPORTANT FROM SUSAN
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:42:41 -0500

Ava Devenport wrote:

> Geez, sorry, Dave. I was trying to be nice.
>
> As for 'you get what you deserve'...I didn't realize there was such a
> mean-spirited person that would be so annoyed.
>
> And, Vic & Pat, thank you for being so kind. I truly appreciate it.
>
> Blessings,
> Ava
>
> ---

People who don't know what they are talking about and try to provide
advice about what they don't know anything about annoy me. I've been in
the computing field full time for 20 years and am constantly amazed by
how everyone thinks they are an expert on computers because they can
find the on/off switch and know how to start MS Office and Netscape.

Also, netiquette plays a part here as well. The topic of this maillist
is Market Farming, not computer virii or hoaxs played on unsuspecting
users. There are plenty of maillists that will warn you when there are
real viral threats available with precise instructions on how to handle
those threats. I personally don't want to see a bunch of people who are
not computer folk bumbling around looking foolish when I could be
learning about tomato stakes.

--

Dave Bennett