market-farming - Re: Small private plots

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: K&L.Chapis <BRBF AT compulinx-net.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Small private plots
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 06:10:52 -0400

We till once in the spring at no charge - more by appt. for a fee of $5.00
each time.
Renters can water once a week starting in June.
No storage is supplied.
Access is available from sunup to sundown 7 days a week.
Gardeners must attend to garden at least once a week.
All must use organic practices.
This area is next to our retail store (garden supplies, plants, produce in
season) so we can keep a close eye on things.
It has worked well. Like many other aspects of our operation, it will not
make us rich but will add to the total effort.
----------
> From: "Tom Anslow" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
> To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
> Subject: Re: Small private plots
> Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:38:38 -0400
>
>Lyn -- What do you provide in the way of:
>
>Soil preparation
>Water
>Small tool storage
>Limited hours of access