market-farming - Re: Gleaning and market gardening

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal AT iname.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Gleaning and market gardening
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:55:18

Mary:

I'd like to personally THANK YOU for the link! I went right to the site,
found some wonderful ideas for campaigning for PAR and also a supply list
to help us get started.

Every year we try to get individuals involved in PAR through our extension
office, but only a few very dedicated Master Gardeners have participated.
With the wonderful information I got from the GWAA, I know we can make a
BIG difference this year. I now know all the right individuals to get
involved and now I have a detailed plan to boot.

I'm in Indiana right now with my husband and family, but I'll be trekking
over to our property in Colorado soon to get the season started. I'll
start getting this campaign plan together here, get the right individual to
keep it going, and then do the same in Colorado.

I only cultivate herbs, but most people don't realize that you can donate
herbs also, they not only add flavor, but have important nutritional value.
Flowers love herbs, so those who are growing only Ornamentals can throw a
few herb seeds in with their ornamentals and still participate. Bees love
herbs, great for open pollination!

Once again, thank you for the link.

Blessings,
Ava

  • Gleaning and market gardening, Bob & Mary Buffo, 04/11/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Gleaning and market gardening, Ava Devenport, 04/12/2000