market-farming - Re: Help!!!! Loans?????

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal AT iname.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Help!!!! Loans?????
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:57:27

Tom:

Go to your local USDA service center, should be listed in the phone book.
The FSA can help you with government loans, filling out the paperwork and
the USDA also has a program that works for 'uninsured crops'. FSA can hook
you up with the small farms section or go out on the internet www.usda.gov.
They have a search engine to help you find info on small and beginning
farm loans, grants, rural developement, etc.

Since your in Ohio, there's a great farm that was started back in the 70's
by Paul Strauss after he got home from Viet Nam. Equinox Farm is in
Rutland, Ohio and is now the new site of United Plant Savers Botanical
Sanctuary. Paul is still in charge and THE MAN to contact regarding
organic, etc. You can get alot of info on UpS website, also, I "think"
it's www.unitedplantsavers. com ? possibly org, since it's non-profit.

I know Paul's e-mail address is in the discussion group. Good luck.

Blessings and Namaste!
Ava