market-farming - Re: Patio tomatoes???

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: MJ Barnes <tbarnes AT huntel.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Patio tomatoes???
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:02:07 GMT

> Hi does anyone sell patio tomatoes??? I want to grow some for myfarmer's
> market and for at my roadside stand. Also what variety do you grow,,is it
> too late to start them?????
> thanks from the bottom of my Pea Pickin heart
> Tom
>
> Hi Tom. I have grown both the Goliath Bush and Better Bush for my customers
at our market. Both plants look and perform well for the gardner in
containers
that are at least 12-15 inches. Also another good one for containers is the
Patio F Hybrid, from Tomato Growers. This one has a little higher yields but
still gets a little lanky in containers, so I suggest a cage in the
container,
where the others (goliath and better) do not require a cage. I sell 6-8 week
transplant in 3" containers, and also 10-12 week plants in gallon containers.
My transplants are repoted apx. 3-4 times, each time I bury the plant up to
the
top leaves. This makes a transplant much different than the local nursery!!!
Also suggest a good feeding 1/2 strength weekly. Happy growing!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlene

> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: tbarnes AT huntel.net
102198M AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
> To subscribe send email to lyris AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
> with message text containing: subscribe market-farming

This message was sent via WebMail service from HunTel.net.
http://www.huntel.net/

  • Patio tomatoes???, Tom, 03/21/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Patio tomatoes???, MJ Barnes, 03/22/2000