market-farming - Interns Wanted

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <farmtocity AT Buffalo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Interns Wanted
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:05:06 EST

Wise Acres Organic Farm is looking for 2 interns for the 2000 growing season.
Applicants should have a sincere desire to learn to produce and market the
farm produce and manage a CSA. Interns must be able to work cooperatively
with others and be physically able to work outdoors in all weather
conditions. Interns will be involved in all areas of production from
greenhouse work to harvest and marketing.

We are planning to grow a large variety of NOFA certified organic vegetables
for an established CSA of 100 families, a new and vibrabt farmers' market in
Buffalo, and some other retail outlets. We grow using intensive methods on 3
acres of the 45 acre farm.

We are offering a stipend, housing (in the farm house, and meals. Positions
begin in May and end in November.

For more info, contact: Cliff & Kathy Kepner
1884 Murdock Road
Lyndonville, NY 14098
716/765-2740

  • Interns Wanted, farmtocity, 03/10/2000