market-farming - {MF} Triplets!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dori Green" <dorigreen00 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: {MF} Triplets!
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 05:30:40 EST

ANNOUNCING:

Ash Grove's Spring Day Enterprise
Ash Grove's Bouncer Harcourt Fenton Mudd
Ash Grove's Lilac Tribble

The wait is over. "Not the Momma" my rescued Alpine/Nubian goat delivered three healthy babies yesterday afternoon with just a little bit of help from me. It was a good thing I stayed home with a scratchy throat!

She's bonding well with all three, and we've got another season of babies to delight visitors. Yay!

The doeling is heart-stoppingly gorgeous. I _knew_ I'd be sorry I had Scotty wethered. Oh, well. It was a choice of not keeping a buck any more or giving up the off-farm jobs.

Of course, this little population explosion means that I have to look for homes for a couple of the pack wethers. If anybody here on the list is looking for some nicely socialized hand-raised two-year-old packgoats who walk well on leash and don't spook at traffic or dogs or clowns or geese or high school bands, I've got some just like that. They even ride in station wagons, and they're up to carrying 50 lb. soft packs, could carry twice that weight with saddles. They're also started in harness, but just on lead. Um, no, I don't sell these boys by the pound! <G>

Dori Green
Ash Grove Community Farm
Corning, NY

http://www.ic.org/agrove