market-farming - Re: wow

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: wow
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:42:51 -0500

Dean,

This has been discussed here before--go check out the archives. We
also got into it over on the CSA-L, too. I refuse to be certified
organic for the very reasons you state. But I grow organic because
it's the way I was raised and it's cheaper. On the other hand, for
those so choosing, it is a business decision/personal principle for
others. Here in NC it's costly and a red tape nightmare, but in
Kentucky, it's inexpensive.

As a reminder to everyone on this list--this list is for ALL
growers--no matter what the method!!!! We may disagree (wow, what an
understatement) but we're here to all learn what we need to our jobs
better. Please don't hesitate to post if you aren't organic.

Also, whenever you reply to a digest--CUT OUT ALL UNNECESSARY
POSTS!!!!!

Liz Pike
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC
ICQ 46954468

Nothing happens in living nature that is not in relation to the whole.
---Goethe

  • wow, Dean Mullis, 03/07/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: wow, Elizabeth Pike, 03/07/2000