market-farming - Re: resend: Floating Seed Flats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: flowers AT rt66.com (Wilderness Flowers)
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: resend: Floating Seed Flats
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 01:38:07 -0700 (MST)

nah!!! just vent well during daylight hours ..we add additional sq ft for
production by using capillary mat on hanging trays works well and us cost
effective

martin

>I've got the Speedling trays in hand and am about to build a black
>plastic 'pond' to float them on. I plan to do this in the inflated
>passive solar hoop house. Does anyone know if it is going to be
>disasterous to have an 'open' area of water in the green house
>(nothing more than about 15 by 3, probably 3inches deep) I can't
>figure out whether all the extra humidity w.b. a PLUS early in the
>season.
>
>I assume the 'body of water' will act as a thermal flywheel also (?)
>for the seedlings floating (in trays ) on it.
>
>Thanks for your help -Allan
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: igg AT igg.com
>$subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: flowers AT rt66.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')

Martin Connaughton
Wilderness Flowers
223 North Guadalupe St. pmb # 159
Santa Fe, NM 87501
zone 3-4-5 depending on mother nature .. zone 5 this year and no snow

5059898337 office/home
5057578337 farm april/november
5059203421 cell

  • resend: Floating Seed Flats, Allan Balliett, 03/03/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: resend: Floating Seed Flats, Wilderness Flowers, 03/05/2000