market-farming - resend: Floating Seed Flats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: resend: Floating Seed Flats
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:50:36 -0400

I've got the Speedling trays in hand and am about to build a black plastic 'pond' to float them on. I plan to do this in the inflated passive solar hoop house. Does anyone know if it is going to be disasterous to have an 'open' area of water in the green house (nothing more than about 15 by 3, probably 3inches deep) I can't figure out whether all the extra humidity w.b. a PLUS early in the season.

I assume the 'body of water' will act as a thermal flywheel also (?) for the seedlings floating (in trays ) on it.

Thanks for your help -Allan

---
You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: igg AT igg.com