market-farming - "Micro-Greens"

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: "Micro-Greens"
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:25:03 -0400

Hi,

Is anyone doing 'micro-greens'? I got the bulletin from Johnny's last week and though this was a perfect approach to growing salad for 100 people I have to feed for 10 days at the end of March. I ordered the seed, inspecting instructions, yield info, etc, but got nothing. WOrse yet, a call to Johnnys gave me no information ("This is all rather new") and no call back from the 'expert' who was to call me later.

I'm most concerned about soil mix (thse are grown in a flat, they did tell me that much), seed rate, and projected yields. If you can help, I'd appreciate it. (using tatsoi, spinach, chard, etc...a 'standar' 'micro-greens' mix from Johnnys.

-Allan