market-farming - Re: Website, links, literature on Remineralization

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Peg Cook" <pegcook AT northnet.org>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Website, links, literature on Remineralization
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:24:48 -0500

Lawerence,
Its funny that you should bring up the Fertrell Co! Dave Mattocks,
President of Fertrell, and I have been very good friends for years and he
just stopped into see me and we visited for the last couple of hours. He
has been like a mentor to me and I have learned a lot about "Common Sense"
farming from this man. The products that you mention are fine great to use.
These were the ones I was referring to in my previous post. The only
concerns I have are for lime sources that are "hydrated lime" sources. In
this area they have not responded well in releasing Ca and K and seem to
bind up other nutrients in the soil. I would recommend the Gypsum at the
lawn and garden stores.

The reason I mentioned the Rock Phosphates is that when I see Low Phosphorus
levels as well as Low Calcium, the Black Rock and Soft Rock supply a
significant about of Calcium while replenishing the Phosphorus. Thus,
reducing the cost of having to apply so much lime or gypsum! I try to keep
the cost factor in mind when making recommendations, also.

Peg Cook
Cook's Consulting

pegcook AT northnet.org