market-farming - Re: Ginger Farming (fwd)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sojourner <sojournr AT missouri.org>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Ginger Farming (fwd)
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:46:57 -0600

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." wrote:

> [...]

Mellinger's sells edible ginger plants.

http://www.mellingers.com

It would probably be worthwhile to contact them and ask them about
cultivation requirements. I would think it would grow well in the
Phillipines but I don't know for sure. If you contact them, make sure
to emphasize that you will be growing it in the Phillipines as most
places in the states it would probably have to be grown in greenhouses.

I don't know how similar the climate in Hawaii might be to the
Phillipines, but that might be another potential source of information
if growing conditions are at all similar. Soil I'm sure would not be
but temp wise it might be. Don't know about rainfall either. You might
try some Hawaii ag sites.

--
Holly ;-D
Contrary Peasant