market-farming - Re: FW: Small Farm Equipment Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sojourner <sojournr AT missouri.org>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FW: Small Farm Equipment Question
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:03:19 -0600

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." wrote:

> For starters see:
>
> http://metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/tools
>
> lots on hand tools, small grain harvesting equipment, spaders,
> tillers, etc. LL

I have plans on my website for a home built grain thresher originally
developed by Rodale and published in Gene Logsdon's Small Scale Grain
Raising (now over 20 years out of print and VERY hard to find. *sigh*
Gene Logsdon. He's my hero).

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/4095/resources/thresher.html

The plans are incomplete in that I haven't been able to hook up my
scanner and scan in the pictures that go along with the text; I'm more
than slightly busy building right now and for the forseeable future,
unfortunately. There just isn't room in the 14' camper for me, the
computer, 2 dogs (and one outside), a cat (4 more outside), a guinea
pig, a degu, my son, his 2 electric bass guitars, his amp, AND the
scanner.

I tried to convince him we need the scanner more than his guitars and
amp. But he wouldn't bite. <VBG>

I did find a couple of Amish guys who are willing to put my roof up
(including building the rafters and a dormer) so hopefully I will soon
be closed in enough to get some inside work done, move the PC inside and
hook up the scanner and complete those plans.

E-mail me if you're interested and I'll put you on a list of people to
notify when I finally get those diagrams up as well.

--
Holly ;-D
Contrary Peasant